Every student is valued at Middle Swan PS and their wellbeing is our priority. Our educational and pastoral care beliefs are strong and widely valued. As an Independent Public School, supporting the various needs of our students is a strategic priority for our school community. Our entire school structure is based upon our beliefs that have evolved over time contributing to our genuine ability to cater for the individual developmental needs of students.
Educational delivery recognises the individual students learning needs, efficient processes exist to identify these needs and to seek support from whatever source is required to help make all students maximise their individual potential.
Programs, specialists and access to a variety of agency support exists to support students not only pursue their interests but to also assist them when they most need help.
These programs and support personnel include:
- School Psychologist services
- Child Parent Centre services i.e.Talk it out, Derbyl Yerrigan
- Speech Pathology program for Kindergarten and prepriamry students
- Morning pick up for identified students
- Positive Partnerships support for Austim Spectrum Disorder(ASD) students
- Strategies for best support of ASD students
- School Chaplain
- Student Leadership - Prefects, Year 6 excursions
- Sport Challenge - a self esteem program
- Case Management processes for identifying students requiring additional support or referrals
- Behaviour Interventions for student idenitfied requiring additional support to self regulate